Top 5 best antivirus software to use in 2018Muhammad Haris
Antivirus software is a program designed to detect and remove viruses from computers. With the proliferation of other kinds of malware, it protects your computer from threats such as browser hijackers and ransomware. It would also keyloggers, backdoors, rootkits, malicious URLs, spam, scam and phishing attacks. But is it really necessary? More than 60,000 new pieces of malware are created daily. And a computer without antivirus software installed will be vulnerable and infected within seconds of connecting online. Unless your computer is isolated from the outside world, antivirus is a necessity even for the most prudent internet user.
Here are the top 5 best antivirus software to use in 2018
- AVG – AVG is a well-known security software in the market. AVG Antivirus Free includes real-time security updates, spyware, ransomware & other malware scans. It blocks unsafe links, downloads, & email attachments and scans for PC performance problems and allows for automatic background updating.
- AVAST – Avast is one of the leading names when it comes to best antivirus software. Avast is compatible with several platforms – from the old, yet reliable Windows XP SP3 to the latest version which is Windows 10. You can also install it on your your Android device and even on your Mac computer (as long as it is running OSX). It also comes loaded with additional security features like Wi-Fi security scan, Game mode and password manager. What’s more? Avast Free Antivirus 2017 is completely free unless you choose to upgrade to the paid version.
- AVIRA – Avira Free Antivirus offers a full security package that not only blocks malware, but “anonymizes” your browsing, and wipes your online traces clean – for free. The software comes bundled with optional extra features like VPN, password manager and system optimizer and it doesn’t cost you anything. And while it’s true that some of the extra programs are just trial ware and that you’ll need to pay to unlock their full potential, the free software in itself provides enough protection from malware.
- Kaspersky– Kaspersky offers a few different solutions for security depending on your needs. A few of its basic features include a password manager, backup software, ransomware protection, file encryption and file shredding. It has one of the highest detection rates all security software proving it is an excellent program capable of detecting and blocking malware threats on your computer. The user interface is simple and easy to use, so even beginners won’t have any problems navigating it.
- Bitdefender – Bitdefender’s free antivirus tool offers excellent malware protection for your computer without being obtrusive. It sets the bar with ultrafast quick scans, minimal system performance overhead and customizability.
The 5 best antivirus software in 2018 offers the same basic feature – virus and other malware protection. What would induce you to choose one over the other? It’s a combination of performance, price and additional software features. Performance wise, Kaspersky and Bitdefender ranked among the highest in threat detection with the least system performance overhead. AVG, Avast and Avira had the most security features bundled with its free software version. It still boils down to what the user needs – do you need that VPN? Or do you need the software to run unobtrusively in the background while you are completing a quest?